A participant becomes eligible for monthly reimbursement benefit payments if the following five requirements have been met:
- The participant has earned 10 years of Active Service in the Plan (or five year for an individual who is an Employee when his/her bargaining unit joins the Trust);
- Ten years have passed since Contributions for the participant began (or five years for an individual who is an Employee when his/her bargaining unit joins the Trust);
- The Trust has received monthly Contributions for all years of Active Service earned by the participant;
- The participant has attained age 55 (age 58 for non-public safety employees); and
- The participant has ceased all employment (including part time or post-retirement contract work) with any participating employer of this Trust.