Several months ago, the RMT had a new website developed. You can access the site either through the Retiree Medical Trust link at the top of the PORAC homepage at PORAC.org or directly at PORACRMT.org.
Once there, you will find access to a plethora of information, including:
- Trustees and their contact information
- Service providers we contract with
- Articles that have previously appeared in PORAC LE News
- Upcoming meeting dates, times and locations
- The Summary Plan Description
- The most current FAQs
- Forms related to participation in the Trust
Right now we have one additional association that is strongly considering a merger with us. There is also, for the first time, an out-of-state group in the wings. This is very exciting for the RMT, as we can now look beyond the California state line for law enforcement groups interested in what we have set up.
One of the changes we are most excited about is that members can now access and check their accounts online. However, there has been some confusion as to how you gain access. I thought a quick explanation might prove helpful. If you have never registered on our website, then you will need to do so to gain account access. This will apply if you are a first-time user.
- Go to PORACRMT.org.
- At the top right of the homepage, you will see a “Members” tab. Click that, and you will be sent to the RMT SIMON platform page.
- On the right side of the page (under “Next”) is a “Register” link.
Click that, and you will be sent to a page that says, “Register for Employee Self Service.”
- Fill out the requested information, including SSN, DOB, first and last name and email address (please use your personal email address).
- In the last box, titled “Registration Code,” enter “PORAC” and then click the “Send Registration Request” button.
- Assuming the Trust has the same information on file that you just entered, they will send you an email with a link to confirm your registration.
In a perfect world, that is the way it should work. If you encounter any trouble, you can email the Trust Office at PORAC@vimly.com or call at (877) 808-5994.
Just a couple of other things to note: The Trust continues to grow in terms of participating associations, and that, in turn, is increasing the size of our monetary portfolios. We are more than willing to meet with you and your association to explain who we are and what the Trust can offer.
If you are attending Symposium and want to meet in person to discuss RMT matters, just give me a call at (530) 588-5117.